10.23.2012

A Little Bit of Music Therapy

I went to a music jam session this morning with two girls that have studied music therapy. One girl on the piano, one girl on the guitar and me singing along, shyly at first...then feeling quite free after the first song.

It was about repeating certain empowering lyrics and feeling it in your bones, of you believe that hippie talk.

But it turns out that I do sort of believe it. There is something quite special about live music, no? I honestly think it has to do with the vibrations actually shaking your organs up and loosening up the body. And however it works, anxiety definitely slips away. I feel good! I think this can be a daily practice for me--singing and dancing (and maybe even chanting a bit?).

Basically, I am starting to embrace the notion of looking like a crazy person. And being totally fine with that.


4 comments:

  1. Singing is wonderful, I would love to be there as well! And good music (preferrably live) is like food for my soul, it puts me in some lovely state where life is just wonderful :)
    ENJOY your trip to Norway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool perspective. Never thought of the vibrations of live music "shaking things up." I'm totally stealing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not checked in here for a while since I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, you explained the topic very well. The contents has provided meaningful information thanks for sharing info

    Music Therapy

    ReplyDelete