1.12.2013

Switzerland, Part Two: My Most Beautiful Post Ever


So, sometimes I think I fail at travel blogging, because a lot of the time it's like: hey, look at me drinking a cup of coffee, or hey, look at me standing my this old stone building. Not very inventive.

But this post. This will be my best travel post because I have mother earth helping me with the hard stuff. I took the best train ride of my life, also called the Goldenpass to a beautiful town situated in between the Alps, called Interlaken. I'm in love.

But before we begin, here is a picture of me drinking some coffee.


:)

Anyway, onto the MOST BEAUTIFUL train ride EVERRRRRRR.


















And after the best train ride of my life, I stepped of the platform and was greeted with the most heavenly of scenes in Interlaken...


Of course, Laura and I knew this was grounds for celebration! 




Delicious Gnocchi! Swiss cheese is divine. Remember that the Swiss are surrounded by Italy, Germany and France, so if there were any doubts about their food, that should relinquish them. And dude...don't get me started on the chocolate:











The last set of pictures were taken at a lake in Interlaken. I spent many hours here envisioning a life in where I wake up in the morning and take swim in the lake (in the summer, of course), then after eating a scrumptious breakfast of fresh baked bread and gooey cheese, retire to my small wooden house and read a book. I might have been a hermit in another life. Maybe, just maybe, this is a place I can retire to. It's most definitely in the running.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful! I didn't go that far, but the little towns in the Swiss alps are still high on my list. (And I think Interlaken could be a good starting point!) I still dream about that cheese.... How long was the train ride? And can you stop in other beautiful towns on the same train line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can! You can stop anywhere along the way. I wanna say the ticket was good for a week? You had that amount of time to complete the train ride. It was a four hour ride, but it felt like nothing!

      Delete
    2. This sounds like a brilliant way to see more of that beautiful country!

      Delete
  2. what a wonderful way to split through a country, it looks like quite a fancy train too. always good to get a coffee in there.

    yeah big fan of orlando, my gf's parents have a house over there so we nip over every now and again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dayum.

    As I was scrolling through these pictures I though, "the train ride down the Hudson valley from Albany to NYC is almost comparable, except the mountains aren't quite so jagged," but then I got to the picture of Interlaken (and the chocolate) and was like "okay...Switzerland wins."

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness, this is so stunning! i'm just sitting here oozing with jealousy. incredible. you're so lucky!

    partyatgatsbys.me

    ReplyDelete
  5. This place is stunning, and yes probably your most beautiful post yet.

    Also, you've just described my dream life in the last paragraph, pre-or-post retirement. That picture with the ducks on the lake, seriously... people who live here must be so peaceful and happy all the time.

    Oh and hey, there's a picture of you drinking a cup of coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, you've convinced me. I'm ready to move there. Some of these pictures look so perfect, they look like movie sets and not real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Switzerland really is a place I could live, I've realized.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous! Those train ride views are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh, gorgeous photos you took there lady. Imagine this whole trip in June/July?! Even more gorgeous... :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete